Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is a charitable women’s giving circle dedicated to awarding high impact grants to nonprofits in our community in the areas of arts & culture, education, environment, family, and health & wellness.
Women of Greater Indianapolis making extraordinary gifts, $100,000 at a time.
Our intent is to award high impact grants totaling $100,000 or more to at least one nonprofit in our community. For most of us, a donation of this magnitude may be in our hearts, but is beyond our individual means. However, collectively, we can make this level of contribution.
Like our sister Impact 100 giving circles, we intend to create a community of well informed women and to “raise the tide” of philanthropy in Indianapolis. We firmly believe that everyone will flourish, including fellow philanthropists and nonprofits in the Greater Indianapolis community. Please join us in pooling our resources and experiencing The Power of Women Giving as One.
Grant Giving Philosophy
- We seek to fund critical needs, new ventures, and innovative ways to solve social problems and to create a more civil and respectful climate in our community.
- We believe that every member of our community should have access to a clean, safe environment, cultural enrichment, family services and quality education and healthcare.
- We encourage all greater Indianapolis nonprofits with the vision and capacity to manage a gift of this size to apply.
How It Works
Impact 100 Indy has a minimum of 100 members, each donating $1,000 per year. Member donations are due by December 31st of each year. We also have groups of two to four women who pool their donations for a Shared Membership.
One hundred percent of member donations are returned to the community in the form of grants. Each June, our five focus area committees present their committee’s finalist to the membership at our Annual Awards Celebration. The five finalists present their proposal, and the Impact Indy Members cast their vote to determine which nonprofits receives that year’s grants.
All operating costs for the organization are paid for by donations from “Friends of Impact 100 Indy”. Friends include individual donations, corporate donations or matching gifts. We need these funds to educate our members, conduct our outreach to the community, and to cover our administrative expenses.
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) charitable organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
How to Get Involved
- Learn more about Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis
- Make a yearly membership contribution
- Make a donation to our Operating Funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations from members and supporters (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- Attend programs and events (see Key Upcoming Dates on this page)
- Read our blog
- Sign up for our newsletter (click here to see past issues)