Members Only: If you’d like to be on a committee, it’s important to submit your preferences now, so that committees can be finalized before their first meetings in January. Click here to go to the FAC Sign-up Form. For more information, read our blog on this topic.
Focus Area Committee (FAC) Calendar
Important Dates for the 2019 Grants
- October 25, 2018: LOI link open on website
- November 15, 2018: FAC locations and times published, and members are given link to sign-up (members click here to sign-up and make your FAC request)
- December 3, 2018, 2:30-4:30p: Nonprofit Information Session, Glendale Library (nonprofits must RSVP here to attend)
- January 4, 2019: Deadline for FAC member sign-up, final committee assignments will be made after the January 4 deadline
- January 10, 2019: 2019 Letters of Inquiry/Intent (LOIs) due at 5pm
- January 10, 2019: Members notified of FAC assignments
- January 17-23, 2019: First FAC meetings (committee orientation)
- February 12-20, 2019: Second FAC meetings (review and select LOIs to submit grant applications)
- March 21, 2019: Full grant applications from advancing LOIs due (unsolicited grant applications not accepted)
- April 15-19, 2019: Third FAC meetings (review and select grant applicants for site visit)
- Last week of April, 2019: FACs schedule Site Visits and fourth FAC meeting to select committee finalist
- May 13, 2019: Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis 2017 Grant Finalists announced
- May 22, 2019: Finalists Reception for the five FAC finalists
- June 18, 2019: Annual Dinner, Finalists Presentations, and 2019 Change Maker Grants awarded
Focus Area Committee Meetings Dates and Locations
The dates, times and locations for 2019 FAC meetings are below. If you are a 2019 member, use the FAC sign-up form to tell us which FAC you would like to join. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Arts, Culture & Preservation
The arts and culture committee will focus on charitable initiatives that cultivate, develop, educate, preserve, and enrich the theater, museums, both visual and performing arts and literary opportunities in Greater Indianapolis.
Meeting Dates: Wednesdays January 23, February 20, and April 17
Meeting times: 5:30-7:30 PM
Meeting location: Glendale Library, 6101 N. Keystone Avenue, Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Lizzie Conkle
The education committee will focus on charitable initiatives that advance learning opportunities and improve education in Greater Indianapolis.
Meeting Dates: Thursdays January 17, February 21, and April 18
Meeting times: 12:00-2:00 PM
Meeting location: Girl Scouts Leadership & Learning Center, 7201 Girl Scout Lane, Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Debra Ladyman
Environment & Animal Welfare
The environment committee will focus on charitable initiatives that (1) improve, enhance or restore the surroundings in the Greater Indianapolis area; (2) encourage research, public awareness and education relating to the environment; (3) promote conservation of our natural resources; (4) restore, preserve, revitalize or enhance recreational facilities, and/or (5) promote animal welfare.
Meeting Dates: Tuesdays: January 22, February 12 and April 16
Meeting times: 5:30-7:30 PM
Meeting location: Cummins, 301 E. Market St., Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Melina Kennedy
The family committee will focus on charitable initiatives that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families in Greater Indianapolis.
Meeting Dates: Tuesdays: January 22, February 19 and April 16
Meeting times: 11:30AM-1:30PM
Meeting location: Indianapolis Public Library Foundation Boardroom, 2450 N. Meridian St, Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Barb Maurath
Health and Wellness
The health and wellness committee will focus on charitable initiatives that improve the mental and/or physical well-being of people living in the Greater Indianapolis area.
Meeting Dates:Wednesdays January 23, February 20, and April 17
Meeting times: 9:00-11:00AM
Meeting location: Harrison Center for the Arts, 1505 N. Delaware St., Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Paula Katz