Your organization must meet the following grant criteria to be considered:
- Be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and 509(a) public charity.
- Applicant organizations’ seat of operation must be based in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone County in the State of Indiana or a recognized local chapter of a state or national nonprofit serving this region. The program must be implemented and serve residents of these eight counties and all monies must be expended here.
- The project must be a new program, expansion of an existing program or may be a joint effort of several agencies.
- Outline a project or program that targets a specific population for a specific duration and with specific measurable goals;
- Use the full amount of Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis’ available grant; and
- Plan to expend the funds within 24 months. Preference will be given to projects that call for funds to be spent within 12 months.
- Capital projects (equipment and building) must be clearly wrapped around a program serving the clients of the organization. We do not support capital campaigns.
Types of programs we will not consider:
- General operating expenses; debt reduction or operational deficits;
- Endowments or memorials;
- Bridge funding or interim financing;
- Partisan, political or legislative activities;
- General fund drives or annual appeals;
- Religious-focused or university-based projects where the grant is for the principle benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents;
- Private foundations;
- Legal expenses;
- No general advertising/marketing expenses promoting the agency;
- Fundraising activities or events;
- Athletic uniforms and sports gear
- Capital campaigns. Proposals must distinguish specific capital items that are wrapped around a program.
Because our guidelines will continue to evolve, Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis reserves the right to change its criteria without prior notice at any time. Other restrictions:
- An organization may submit only one application each year.An organization that has received a grant of $100,000 or more from Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis may not reapply in the following two years.
- An organization that has received an operating grant less than $100,000 may reapply at any time.