Focus Area Committee (FAC) Calendar
Important Dates for the 2018 Grants
- October 25, 2017: LOI link open on website
- December 4, 2017, 2:30-4:30p: Nonprofit Information Session, Glendale Library (nonprofits must RSVP here to attend)
- December 6, 2017: FAC locations and times published, and members are given link to sign-up
- January 5, 2018: Deadline for FAC member sign-up
- January 11, 2018: 2018 Letters of Inquiry/Intent (LOIs) due at 5pm
- January 12, 2018: Members notified of FAC assignments
- January 15-19, 2018: First FAC meetings (committee orientation)
- February 5-9, 2018: Second FAC meetings (review and select LOIs to submit grant applications)
- March 8, 2018: Full grant applications from advancing LOIs due (unsolicited grant applications not accepted)
- April 2-6, 2018: Third FAC meetings (review and select grant applicants for site visit)
- April 16-27, 2018: FACs schedule Site Visits and fourth FAC meeting to select committee finalist
- May 8, 2018: Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis 2017 Grant Finalists announced
- May 9, 2018: Finalists Reception for the five FAC finalists
- June 12, 2018: Annual Dinner, Finalists Presentations, and 2018 Grants awarded
Focus Area Committee Meetings Dates and Locations
Specific Focus Area Committee (FAC) meeting information is not yet available. This page will be updated once the Grants Committee has made these dates available.
The dates, times and locations for last year’s FAC meetings is listed below
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Arts and Culture
The arts and culture committee will focus on charitable initiatives that cultivate, develop, educate and enrich the theatre, museums, both visual and performing arts and literary opportunities in Greater Indianapolis.
Meeting times: .12:30 PM
Meeting Dates: Tuesdays: January 17, February 7 and April 4
Meeting location: Indianapolis Public Library Foundation, 2450 N. Meridian St, Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Laura Dahlem
The education committee will focus on charitable initiatives that advance learning opportunities and improve education in Greater Indianapolis.
Meeting times: 5:30 PM
Meeting Dates: Tuesdays, January 17, February 7, and April 11
Meeting location: Carmel Library Board Room, 55 4th Avenue, Carmel
Committee Chair: Kathy Jenkins
The environment committee will focus on charitable initiatives tthat (1) improve, enhance or restore the surroundings in the Greater Indianapolis area; (2) encourage research, public awareness and education relating to the environment; (3) promote conservation of our natural resources; (4) restore, preserve, revitalize or enhance recreational facilities, and/or (5) promote animal welfare.
Meeting times: 5:00 PM
Meeting Dates: Mondays January 23, February 6, and April 3
Meeting location: IU North Hospital, 11700 N. Meridian, Carmel
Committee Chair: Pat Scahill
The family committee will focus on charitable initiatives that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families in Greater Indianapolis.
Meeting times: 12:00 PM
Meeting Dates: Wednesdays January 18, February 8, and April 5
Meeting location: Girl Scouts Leadership & Learning Center, 7201 Girl Scout Lane, Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Debi Ladyman
Health and Wellness
The health and wellness committee will focus on charitable initiatives that improve the mental and/or physical well-being of people living in the Greater Indianapolis area.
Meeting times: 8:30 AM
Meeting Dates: Thursdays January 19, February 2, and April 6
Meeting location: Meridian United Methodist Church, 5500 N Meridian, Indianapolis
Committee Chair: Larissa Warne