Tuesday, September 19, 5:30-7:30pm: Impact Membership Kick-Off
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis invites you to learn how we make grants for transformational projects in the Greater Indianapolis community. Join us for a cocktail reception and meet the 2017 grantees, learn about their organizations and how they plan to use their funding.
At 5:45 pm, a program will include panelists from Side Effects Public Media, along with 2017 grantees Volunteers of America and the Children’s Bureau to discuss the opioid epidemic.
- Jake Harper, reporter, Side Effects Public Media
- Emily Foreman, reporter, Side Effects Public Media
- Rachel Halleck, Senior Director of Behavioral Health Services, Volunteers of America
- Devon Jones, Program Director of Fresh Start Recovery Centers, Volunteers of America
- Tara Benjamin, MD, Member of the Volunteers of America of Indiana Board of Directors; Assistant Professor, Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology; Director, Maternal Recovery Program, Riley Maternity & Newborn Health – Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Joli Heavin, Director of Foundation Relations and Stewardship, Children’s Bureau
We invite you to join us and learn more about how we plan to make an impact in 2018!
Congratulations to this year’s $100,000 Grant Winner: Volunteers of America!
Volunteers of America of Indiana is using the $100,000 grant to expand VOA’s Fresh Start Recovery Center, a unique residential addiction treatment center focusing on helping mothers involved with the Department of Child Services recover from addiction and have healthy children. It is unique because it provides residential beds for children under 5, thus allowing mothers and children to remain together while mother receives residential treatment. More Info
The other four finalists shared the remaining $60,000 grant pool. Big Car Collaborative (Arts & Culture FAC), DirectEmployers Institute (Education FAC), Marian University (Environment FAC), and Children’s Bureau (Health & Wellness FAC) each received unrestricted grants of $15,000.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
Updates on 2017 Winners:
Volunteers of America of Indiana is working with a major funding source who may match the Impact 100 grant TWO TO ONE!!! This could conceivably turn our $100,000 into $300,000 for VOA’s work fighting the opioid crisis. Watch this page and our newsletter for updates.
Big Car Collaborative got a match for $10,000 of the Impact 100 residual grant. This funder will continue to match donations given through Patronicity. Click HERE to go directly to their Patronicity donation page. Donations support their program bringing artists and neighbors together to bring a city block back from half vacant to vibrant through creative placemaking and equitable cultural community development.
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page.
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us at note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. Unfortunately, our 2017 grant process is over, but it’s never too early to start on your 2018 “big idea.”
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report.
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
How to Get Involved
- Join us by making a yearly membership contribution
- Make a donation to our Administrative funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- Attend programs and events (see Key Upcoming Dates on this page)
- Read our blog
- Sign up for our newsletter (click here to see past issues)
2017 Membership Numbers Celebrated
- Total Funds to be awarded: $160,000
- Major grant award amount: $100,000 to be awarded to the finalist receiving the most votes at the annual dinner on June 13th, 2017
- Residual grant amount: $60,000 in unrestricted grants to be shared equally among the other 2017 finalists
- Number of members (this includes women in shared memberships): 221 (highest EVER!)
- Number of shared memberships: 30 (highest EVER!)
- Number of scholarship members: 11 (highest EVER!)
- Number of returning members: 139 (highest EVER!)
- Number of new members: 67 (highest since our first few years)
Key Upcoming Dates:
Tuesday, September 19, 5:30-7:30pm: Impact Membership Kick-Off
Get this on your calendar now! Our annual official Membership Kick-Off event will be held at the Glendale Library on September 19. The 2017 grantees (announced at the June 13 Annual Dinner) will be on hand to talk about their programs and there will be some fun activities. Members, potential members, and guests (including spouses who want to learn more about Impact 100) are invited.
More Upcoming Events
Check back to this website for information on upcoming events as they are announced. Please note we have few events January through June as our members are hard at work reviewing nonprofit proposals for our annual grants. Finalists will be announced in May.
Email us at email@example.com for more information on any of these events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
Get On Our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI). You will also have the option to be added to our monthly newsletter list. Not a nonprofit but want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
Impact 100 thanks WestPoint Financial Group for their continued support of our Annual Awards Celebration
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.