2018 Members Only: If you’d like to be on a committee,but haven’t signed up yet, please send an email to email@example.com so we can address your request before the FACs hold their first meetings in late January. Read our blog on this topic for committee locations. times and dates so you can tell us which FAC you’d like to join (note that your first preference may be full, so please give us a second and third choice, and indicate any committee you can NOT join due to schedule or location).
We are still accepting members for 2018 through the end of January. Click here for more information.
And if you’ve ever considered making recurring (monthly, quarterly, etc.) payments for your annual membership, click here to learn how easy it is. Recurring payments set up in 2018 will go towards a 2019 membership and into the 2019 grant pool.
Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier on WFYI’s No Limits
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100.
Holiday Parties Have Been So Much Fun!
On January 7, we had a New Year’s Party at Salt on Mass,. This year’s scholarship members were there for an orientation, and new and returning members mingled and shared information. There was a lot of excitement about our record-setting number of members and increasing grant pool.
In December we celebrated the season with Impact 100 members and guests, and there was good food, good wine, and lots of laughter at The Hatch. We played “Member Bingo”, decorated two Christmas trees, made wine glass charms, and enjoyed the opportunity for members to connect with each other and also share Impact 100 message with many women who are just now learning about our giving circle. We are grateful to Jatona Patton of The Intimate Wax & Spa for her gifts.
Giving Tuesday’s Impact 100 Treasure Hunters Auction Huge Success!
It was a great night, with all proceeds going to the Scholarship Fund. A big thank you to Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers in Carmel for hosting the evening–go to their webpage to learn more about them and how fantastic they truly are. Click here to learn more about the Impact 100 Giving Tuesday Scholarship initiative (and see how we did!)
Missed Giving Tuesday but still want to donate to our grant pool? The best way is to become a member, but you can give directly to the grant pool without a membership using our nonmember donation form.
You can also support our cause by making a donation to our Administrative funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
A Great Turnout for the Nonprofit Information Session December 4
It was a great turn-out of nonprofits located in Central Indiana (Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks, and Boone Counties) at the informational meeting to learn more about our grants and the application process.
- Want to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page.
- If you are a central Indiana nonprofit are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle. Not a nonprofit but want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
Miss the September 19 Panel Discussion on the Opioid Crisis?
WFYI and SideEffects taped the panel discussion and you can see it here!
Updates on 2017 Winners:
Volunteers of America of Indiana is using the $100,000 grant to expand VOA’s Fresh Start Recovery Center, a unique residential addiction treatment center focusing on helping mothers involved with the Department of Child Services recover from addiction and have healthy children. They have received news from a major funding source that our grant, along with others, is being matched TWO TO ONE!!! This makes our $100,000 worth $300,000 tpwards VOA’s work fighting the opioid crisis. The VOA program is unique because it provides residential beds for children under 5, thus allowing mothers and children to remain together while mother receives residential treatment. Click here to learn more and here to see the Volunteers of America September update.
The other four finalists, who each received residual grants of $15,000, have also updated us on their activities since June:
- Big Car Collaborative (Arts & Culture FAC) got a match for $10,000 of Impact 100 $15,000 residual grant to bring a city block back from half vacant to vibrant through creative community development. See the Big Car September update here.
- DirectEmployers Institute (Education FAC) is moving forward with their plans to include hands-on labs in two Indianapolis high shools, allowing students to learn more than theory about health care and manufacturing careers.
- Marian University (Environment FAC) has applied for further funds to see their dream of additional funding for their environmental education lab for younger students. See the Marian University September update here.
- Children’s Bureau (Health & Wellness FAC) participated in the panel discussion at the September 17 membership kick-off at the Glendale Library (see our blog on the evening here). See the Children’s Bureau September update here.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page, check out our blog,
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us at note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. Our grant process is getting started, kicking off with a Nonprofit Informational Session at Glendale Library on December 4 from 2:30-4:30pm. If you are a central Indiana nonprofit are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle. Not a nonprofit but want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report.
- Want to support our cause without a membership? Make a donation to our Administrative funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. WFYI’s No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier.
Impact 100 Past President Beth Thomas and Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh on Fox 59. Beth and Sara discussed Giving Circles.. click here to see the full interview.
Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on Salvation Army’s Red Shield Radio Terry Mumford, President of Impact 100 of Greater Indianapolis, talks with representatives of the Salvation Army about The Power of Women Giving as One and how we are financially assisting organizations in Indianapolis (Sunday, October 22, 2017). Click here for the full radio show.
2017 Survey Results Our membership survey results are in. One of the most prominent findings was that most of our members learned about Impact 100 through other members – friends, families, and associates. This means each member is a crucial part of increasing our membership so we can increase our impact and reach our goal of $240,000 in grants for 2018.
Other survey results should make members comfortable encouraging friends and family to join Impact 100: 95% of our members are satisfied or very satisfied with our giving circle. That’s an amazing vote of confidence!
Nonmembers are invited to come to our events and bring a friend.If you’re wondering what type of woman is a good fit for Impact 100, the survey further shows our most satisfied members value learning about local nonprofits, participating in our grants process, knowing where their money goes, and tracking the impact of our grants. If you fit the “profile” of an Impact 100 member, or if you know someone who does, now is the time to join us.
Help us double our impact in 2018!
Key Upcoming Dates:
January 11: 2018 Letters of Inquiry/Intent (LOIs) due at 5pm
Click here to learn more about our LOI and Grant application process.
January 12: 2018 Members notified of FAC assignments
FAC Committee Meetings: Click here to see the schedules.
March 8: Full grant applications from advancing LOIs due at 5pm (unsolicited grant applications not accepted)
Click here to learn more about our Grant application process.
May 8: Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis 2018 Grant Finalists announced
June 12, 2018, The Ritz Charles in Carmel
This is it, the culmination of all Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does: Our Annual Awards Celebration with Presentations by the 2018 Grant Finalists, followed by the Membership Vote and the announcement of the 2018 Grant Winners. Those interested in sponsorships and/or donating to our raffle should contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Check back to this website for information on upcoming events as they are announced. Please note we have few events January through June as our members are hard at work reviewing nonprofit proposals for our annual grants. Finalists will be announced in May.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of these events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
Get On Our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI). You will also have the option to be added to our monthly newsletter list. Not a nonprofit but want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
Impact 100 thanks Financial Partners Group for their continued support of our Annual Awards Celebration
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is a Proud Member of:
- Act NOW for 2017 planning! Talk to your tax planner before year-end!
- Sign Up For a Focus Committee Before January 5, 2018!
- Now Accepting Scholarship Applications for 2018 Impact 100 Young Philanthropists Membership!
- Impact 100's 2018 Grant Process Opened!
- The Opioid Crisis: A Complex and Perplexing Problem in Indiana