Impact 100 2019 Change Maker Announced!
Congratulations to Kennedy King Memorial Initiative!!! They are this year’s recipient of a $100,000 grant which they’ll use to support a cultural visitors center to educate and support individuals and groups as they work to address issues of inequality and injustice.
In addition to the $100,000 grant awarded to Kennedy King Memorial Initiative, the other four finalists each received a grant for $23,712! That’s the impact of Women Giving as One!! These four finalists are:
- Education: Elevate Indianapolis
- Environment & Animal Welfare: Paws & Think
- Family: Family Promise of Hendricks County
- Health and Wellness: NeuroHope of Indiana, Inc.
Read the full press release by clicking here.
Read the Indianapolis Star article by clicking here.
View the Fox 59 segment by clicking here.
View the WISH-TV 8 segment by clicking here.
Impact 100 Recognized as Indiana Philanthropy Association’s Philanthropic Group of 2018
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis was named as the 2018 Outstanding Philanthropy Group by the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Indiana Chapter. Board member Roberta Jaggers nominated us. Board member emerita Donna Oklak presented the award. Read President Terry Mumford’s remarks on accepting the award here.
Update on Previous Impact 100 Change Makers and Change-Maker Finalists
2017 Change-Maker Volunteers of America has provided us with an update on the work being done as a result of the $100,000 they were granted in June, 2017. View the report here.
For an update on the two 2018 Change-Makers and three Change-Maker Finalists, see our October Blog posting.
2018 marked the 13th anniversary of Impact 100 in Indianapolis. To date, we have awarded over $2.1 million to more than 50 local nonprofits. You can learn more about previous winners in our Giving Report.
Member & Past President Barb Cecil Appears on Community Link
Barb Cecil appeared on Channel 8’s Community Link program to tell viewers what Impact 100 is and how we impact our community. See the clip here: https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-news/community-link-impact-100-greater-indianapolis/1980195293
Give While You Shop!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis. To get started:
- Click here or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://smile.amazon.com/
- Sign in or create an Amazon account (note: if you already have an Amazon account, use that login)
- In the search box, type “Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis” and click search. (note: typing in other search terms will return a large number of responses).
- When the results appear, click the “Select” button next to “Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Inc”
- Start shopping! You will need to go through the page https://smile.amazon.com/ every time you shop in order for your purchases to count.
Kroger Rewards – Sign up for Kroger Rewards (or use your existing account) and select Impact 100 as your Community Rewards designee. Each time you shop at Kroger a percentage of your purchases are donated back to Impact 100 when you use your Kroger Rewards card. To get started:
- Click here or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.kroger.com/account/communityrewards/
- Sign in or create an account, using your Kroger Plus Card
- Once you create an account, or if you already have one, you should see the “Community Rewards” page.
- There is a box that says “Find an Organization.” Type in “Impact” and click search. (note: typing in “Impact 100” or other search terms will return a large number of responses).
- You should see “Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Inc” as one of the three options. Click “Enroll”
- That’s it! Now, every time you use your Kroger card, you earn money for Impact 100.
Impact 100 Council Information on Global Impact 100 Giving
The Impact 100 Council has announced the 2017 statistics on Impact 100 giving:
- Since 2002, Impact 100 chapters have awarded more than $55 Million in grant money directly to nonprofits.
- 2017 marks the first time Impact 100 chapters have given away over $10,000,000 in one year.
- Impact 100 is known for the size of our grants.
- Since 2007, the number of Impact 100 chapters has more than quintupled.
Read the Council’s February 2018 newsletter with more information.
Check out our new blog postings:
- Women’s Philanthropy Institute Releases New Report on Women’s Philanthropy
- VOA’s Schumacher Receives MHA Award
- Donna Oklak on “Giving Circles Are For the Doers”
- We the Women 2018 – Changing the Face of Philanthropy
- The Impact of Impact 100 – VOA Fresh Start Recovery Center
- Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on WCGN Panel Discussing Grants Creating Ripples
- Why Our Annual Giving Report is Important
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page,
- Want to catch up on our latest information? Check out our blog,
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. If you are a central Indiana nonprofit and are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle.
- Want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report providing information on our grants since our first one in 2006.
- Want to support our cause without a membership? Make a donation to help pay our operating costs (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all operating costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
Why Is It Important for Women to Share Giving with their Family? The Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy study “Women Give 2018” confirmed that parental giving matters. During this season of giving, we thank Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis members Barb and Laura for sharing with FOX59 News how shared experiences can be powerful for reinforcing philanthropic values for daughters. See their interview by clicking here: https://fox59.com/2018/…/05/link-between-parents-and-giving/
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. WFYI’s No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Change-Maker Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier.
Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on Salvation Army’s Red Shield Radio Terry Mumford, President of Impact 100 of Greater Indianapolis, talks with representatives of the Salvation Army about The Power of Women Giving as One and how we are financially assisting organizations in Indianapolis (Sunday, October 22, 2017). Click here for the full radio show.
2017 Survey Results One of the most prominent findings was that most of our members learned about Impact 100 through other members – friends, families, and associates. This means each member is a crucial part of increasing our membership so we can increase our impact and reach our goal of $240,000 in grants for 2018.
Other survey results should make members comfortable encouraging friends and family to join Impact 100: 95% of our members are satisfied or very satisfied with our giving circle. That’s an amazing vote of confidence!
Nonmembers are invited to come to our events and bring a friend.If you’re wondering what type of woman is a good fit for Impact 100, the survey further shows our most satisfied members value learning about local nonprofits, participating in our grants process, knowing where their money goes, and tracking the impact of our grants. If you fit the “profile” of an Impact 100 member, or if you know someone who does, now is the time to join us.
Help us increase our impact in 2019!
Key Upcoming Dates:
Treasure Hunters Auction at Wickliff Auctioneers on Giving Tuesday, December 3, 2019. Our annual auction supporting the Impact 100 Scholarship Program, it’s a great time to shop, meet members, and enjoy an evening.
Watch for our Membership Kick-Off, Follow the Impact event, and Holiday Party. Invitations will be sent out a few weeks prior to each of these events, and each invitation will provide a method to RSVP. To ensure you are on our invitation, list, send an email to email@example.com
Now’s the time to think about making recurring payments towards a 2020 Membership! Click here to learn more and to sign up for recurring payments. If you have questions about setting up recurring payments, please contact us.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on any of our events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
This report provides the information you expect to see in an annual report along with information on our grants since our first one in 2006. It’s the best way to understand who we are and the types of programs we support.
A BIG THANK YOU to our Annual Awards Celebration Sponsors and Underwriters!
2019 Dinner Sponsors
Financial Partners Group: Platinum Sponsor
Bright Ideas in Broad Ripple: Silver Sponsor
The Emily Foundation: Silver Sponsor
REI Real Estate Services, LLC: Silver Sponsor
BAF Corporation: Bronze Sponsor
Eskenazi Health Foundation: Bronze Sponsor
MCH Commercial: Bronze Sponsor
Street Outreach Animal Response: Bronze Sponsor
2019 Dinner Patrons
Nicky Blaine’s Cocktail Lounge
The Watermark Group provides Impact 100 with accounting and tax preparation support.
Management of Thurston Springer Financial for their long-term and continuous donation of financial advice and services.
Also, thanks to Thurston Springer Financial for providing the Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Board of Directors a place to meet.
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
Click HERE to get on our Newsletter list
Click to HERE to get on our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI).