Follow the Impact: Craine House
Please join us on Tuesday, October 8th, from 5:30-7:30pm at the Craine House, the recipient of the 2007 Impact 100 Change Maker Grant. Craine House provides women who need a second chance a safe and structured, homelike setting to live with their children while they receive family therapy, substance abuse counseling and vocational programs.
The evening will include tours of the building with catering provided by the Craine House culinary program. All members and their guests, as well as anyone interested in membership, are welcome.
- Questions? Email us.
- Want to help Craine House? Visit their Wish List and bring something they need with you to the event.
- Want to have an adult beverage? Craine House is alcohol-free, so we’ll have a social gathering at Binkley’s Kitchen and Bar after the event.
Because space is limited at both Craine House and Binkley’s it is important to RSVP here.
Thank you to Board Member Kelly Perry and Watermark CPA for sponsoring this event!
Follow the Impact:
Trinity Haven, Volunteers of America, and Ascent 121
Please join us on Tuesday, November 19th, from 5:30-7:30pm at Trinity Episcopal Church for an update on three of our recent Change Makers, each one addressing a pressing need in our community:
- Trinity Haven will be Indiana’s first residential facility to focus on the needs of LGBTQ young people who are at risk for homelessness. Residents will find a safe harbor and a professionally staffed home that is warm, welcoming, and affirming.
- Volunteers of America’s Fresh Start Recovery Center is a residential addictions treatment program for pregnant women and mothers of young children combating the exploding opioid addiction epidemic.
- Ascent 121 started the IMPACT Program in partnership with Lutheran Child & Family Services. The program serves over 100 teen survivors of human trafficking every day, most of them survivors of prostitution, pornography, and other means of sexual entertainment.
Refreshments will be served. All members and their guests, as well as anyone interested in membership, are welcome.
Questions? Email us.
Thank you to Bank of America for sponsoring this event!
Here’s a Way to Give Back
Children’s Bureau has partnered with Indianapolis Monthly as the beneficiary of the 2019 Dream Home. Impact 100 member are needed as volunteers!
The Children’s Bureau needs your help to monitor areas in the 15,000 sq. ft. Dream Home. All volunteers will get to tour the new build for free! All ticket sale proceeds benefit Children’s Bureau in its mission to protect and preserve the kiddos of Indiana. Check out this video of what is to come: http://www.hbdbuilder.com/2019-dream-home.
Children’s Bureau has set aside two group volunteer shifts for Impact 100 members. They are:
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
If you are interested in volunteering, please email Impact 100 member Joli Heavin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 375-5258. Please include the shift you are interested in, your full name, email address, and phone number. At least 20 volunteers are needed for each shift. More instructions will follow for registered volunteers.
Not able to volunteer but still want to see the home? Tours will be offered October 11-13, 17-20, from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm each day. Tickets are $20 each. Impact 100 members are also invited to attend the Thursday night Preview on October 10th. Tickets are $125 each.
Visit www.indymonthlytix.com for more information.
Impact 100 2019 Change Maker Announced!
Congratulations to Kennedy King Memorial Initiative!!! They are this year’s recipient of a $100,000 grant which they’ll use to support a cultural visitors center to educate and support individuals and groups as they work to address issues of inequality and injustice.
In addition to the $100,000 grant awarded to Kennedy King Memorial Initiative, the other four finalists each received a grant for $23,712! That’s the impact of Women Giving as One!! These four finalists are:
- Education: Elevate Indianapolis
- Environment & Animal Welfare: Paws & Think
- Family: Family Promise of Hendricks County
- Health and Wellness: NeuroHope of Indiana, Inc.
Press coverage of this year’s winners has been good:
- Read the full press release by clicking here.
- Read the Indianapolis Star article by clicking here.
- View the Fox 59 segment by clicking here.
- View the WISH-TV 8 segment by clicking here.
Impact 100 Recognized as Indiana Philanthropy Association’s Philanthropic Group of 2018
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis was named as the 2018 Outstanding Philanthropy Group by the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Indiana Chapter. Board member Roberta Jaggers nominated us. Board member emerita Donna Oklak presented the award. Read President Terry Mumford’s remarks on accepting the award here.
Give While You Shop!
You can give to Impact 100 every time you shop at Amazon and Kroger. Click here for the details.
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page,
- Want to catch up on our latest information? Check out our blog,
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us a note at email@example.com.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. If you are a central Indiana nonprofit and are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle.
- Want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report providing information on our grants since our first one in 2006.
- Want to support our cause without a membership? Make a donation to help pay our operating costs (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all operating costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
Why Is It Important for Women to Share Giving with their Family? The Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy study “Women Give 2018” confirmed that parental giving matters. During this season of giving, we thank Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis members Barb and Laura for sharing with FOX59 News how shared experiences can be powerful for reinforcing philanthropic values for daughters. See their interview by clicking here: https://fox59.com/2018/…/05/link-between-parents-and-giving/
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. WFYI’s No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Change-Maker Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier.
Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on Salvation Army’s Red Shield Radio Terry Mumford, President of Impact 100 of Greater Indianapolis, talks with representatives of the Salvation Army about The Power of Women Giving as One and how we are financially assisting organizations in Indianapolis (Sunday, October 22, 2017). Click here for the full radio show.
2019 Survey Results One of the most prominent findings was that most of our members learned about Impact 100 through other members – friends, families, and associates. This means each member is a crucial part of increasing our membership so we can increase our impact and reach our goal of $240,000 in grants for 2020.
Other survey results should make members comfortable encouraging friends and family to join Impact 100: 95% of our members are satisfied or very satisfied with our giving circle. That’s an amazing vote of confidence!
Nonmembers are invited to come to our events and bring a friend.If you’re wondering what type of woman is a good fit for Impact 100, the survey further shows our most satisfied members value learning about local nonprofits, participating in our grants process, knowing where their money goes, and tracking the impact of our grants. If you fit the “profile” of an Impact 100 member, or if you know someone who does, now is the time to join us.
Help us increase our impact in 2020!
Key Upcoming Dates:
Follow the Impact at the Craine House: October 8, 5:30-7:30pm. There will be a social hour afterwards at Binkley’s Kitchen and Bar. RSVP here.
Follow the Impact of three Change Makers on our community: November 19, 5:30-7:30pm. Refreshments will be served. RSVP here.
Watch for the November Follow the Impact event. Details coming soon.
Treasure Hunters Auction at Wickliff Auctioneers on Giving Tuesday, December 3, 2019. Our annual auction supporting the Impact 100 Scholarship Program, it’s a great time to shop, meet members, and enjoy an evening.
Not For Profit Organization Information session, Thursday, December 5, 3:30, Glendale Library: If you are interested in more information on our grants, this is the information session you don’t want to miss. Our Grant Committee Co-Chairs and previous grant winners will be there to explain our processes and answer your questions. Glendale Library Community Meeting room, 6101 North Keystone Avenue, 46202. You must RSVP HERE to attend.
Impact 100 Holiday Party: Wednesday, December 11, 5:30-7:30pm. Food, drinks, and holiday fun provided! The Hatch, 6161 N. Hillside Ave, Indianapolis IN 46220.
15th Annual Awards Celebration, June 9, 2020, 5pm. It’s never too early to get our annual awards celebration on your calendar! We’ll be back at The Willows on Westfield again this year.
Invitations will be sent out a few weeks prior to each of these events, and each invitation will provide a method to RSVP. To ensure you are on our invitation, list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s not too late to start recurring payments towards a 2020 Membership! Click here to learn more and to sign up for recurring payments. If you have questions about setting up recurring payments, please contact us.
Email us at email@example.com for information on any of our events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
This report provides the information you expect to see in an annual report along with information on our grants since our first one in 2006. It’s the best way to understand who we are and the types of programs we support.
A BIG THANK YOU to our Annual Awards Celebration Sponsors and Underwriters!
2019 Dinner Sponsors
Financial Partners Group: Platinum Sponsor
Bright Ideas in Broad Ripple: Silver Sponsor
The Emily Foundation: Silver Sponsor
REI Real Estate Services, LLC: Silver Sponsor
BAF Corporation: Bronze Sponsor
Eskenazi Health Foundation: Bronze Sponsor
MCH Commercial: Bronze Sponsor
Street Outreach Animal Response: Bronze Sponsor
2019 Dinner Patrons
Nicky Blaine’s Cocktail Lounge
Schwab Charitable is the sponsor for our annual Membership Kick-off. We appreciate their contribution to our scholarship program, as well as their support for our kick-off.
Watermark CPA is a sponsor for our follow-the-impact events. We thank them for their contribution to our scholarship program and our outreach efforts.
Management of Thurston Springer Financial for their long-term and continuous donation of financial advice and services.
Also, thanks to Thurston Springer Financial for providing the Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Board of Directors a place to meet.
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
Click HERE to get on our Newsletter list
Click to HERE to get on our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI).