Impact 100 Young Philanthropist
2020 Scholarships Available
Impact 100 is now accepting applications for 2020 scholarship memberships. This opportunity is designed for all who identify as female, and are in the early stages of a career in public service (not-for-profit or government sector) or who have significant volunteer experience. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 6.
Learn more about our Scholarship program by reading our blog posting on the subject, which also includes the full requirements for successful applicants.
Interested candidates should review our website to learn more about Impact 100 and our processes before downloading and completing the Scholarship Application Form.
Would you like to help us provide Scholarships to budding philanthropists? If you would like to make a donation of any size help these young women participate in our programs, please click here.
Protecting Vulnerable Youth:
Three Nonprofits Meeting Critical Needs in Our Community
Please join us on Tuesday, November 19th, from 5:30-7:30pm at Trinity Episcopal Church for an update on three of our recent Change Makers, each one addressing a pressing need in our community:
- Trinity Haven will be Indiana’s first residential facility to focus on the needs of LGBTQ young people who are at risk for homelessness. Residents will find a safe harbor and a professionally staffed home that is warm, welcoming, and affirming.
- Volunteers of America’s Fresh Start Recovery Center is a residential addictions treatment program for pregnant women and mothers of young children combating the exploding opioid addiction epidemic.
- Ascent 121 started the IMPACT Program in partnership with Lutheran Child & Family Services to care for victims of human trafficking. Human trafficking is the second largest, and fastest growing, criminal enterprise in the world and is happening right here in our community.
Refreshments will be served. All members and their guests, as well as anyone interested in membership, are welcome.
Questions? Email us.
Thank you to Bank of America for sponsoring this event!
A Nifty Gifty Evening-A Treasure Hunters Auction-Fun and Philanthropy!
December 3, 5:30-7:30pm
Join us at our third annual Treasure Hunters Auction. Members, potential members, and guests are invited to join us as Darin Lawson of Wickliff Auctioneers hosts a two-part auction to raise money for our scholarship fund. There will be a silent auction from 5:30-6:45pm with several mystery boxes, and a live auction with special items and a chance to make mission bids to support our scholarships. This is an excellent opportunity to buy a special gift for the holidays and spend an evening with an interesting group of philanthropists.
Supper sandwiches and light snacks will be served. Wine will be available by the glass, and is included with your ticket. There is plenty of free well-lit parking in the lot at the Wickliff Auctioneers building.
Sharing and Caring
The Impact 100 Holiday Party
December 11, 5:30-7:30pm
Celebrate the season with an evening of sharing and caring at the Hatch. Learn more about how we make grants for transformational projects and bring a few items to help us make care bags for two of our grant recipients:
- Family Promise of Hendricks County: Family Promise transforms the lives of families experiencing homelessness and poverty. Requested Care Bag items are: shampoo, body wash, hand soap, feminine products, and women’s deodorant.
- Brooke’s Place: Brooke’s Place provides a place where grieving children and their families share their story and begin to heal. wish list items requested are: 8 oz. paper or plastic cups; 8″-10″ paper plates (plain or any design except holidays); plastic forks; 12-24 packs of Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Root Beer, or lemonade; and bags of individually wrapped candy.
Impact 100 2019 Change Maker
Congratulations to Kennedy King Memorial Initiative!!! They are this year’s recipient of a $100,000 grant which they’ll use to support a cultural visitors center to educate and support individuals and groups as they work to address issues of inequality and injustice.
In addition to the $100,000 grant awarded to Kennedy King Memorial Initiative, the other four finalists each received a grant for $23,712! That’s the impact of Women Giving as One!! These four finalists are:
- Education: Elevate Indianapolis
- Environment & Animal Welfare: Paws & Think
- Family: Family Promise of Hendricks County
- Health and Wellness: NeuroHope of Indiana, Inc.
Press coverage of this year’s winners has been good:
- Read the full press release by clicking here.
- Read the Indianapolis Star article by clicking here.
- View the Fox 59 segment by clicking here.
- View the WISH-TV 8 segment by clicking here.
Impact 100 Recognized as Indiana Philanthropy Association’s Philanthropic Group of 2018
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis was named as the 2018 Outstanding Philanthropy Group by the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Indiana Chapter. Board member Roberta Jaggers nominated us. Board member emerita Donna Oklak presented the award. Read President Terry Mumford’s remarks on accepting the award here.
Give While You Shop!
You can give to Impact 100 every time you shop at Amazon and Kroger. Click here for the details.
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page,
- Want to catch up on our latest information? Check out our blog,
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us a note at email@example.com.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. If you are a central Indiana nonprofit and are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle.
- Want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report providing information on our grants since our first one in 2006.
- Want to support our cause without a membership? Make a donation to help pay our operating costs (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all operating costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
Why Is It Important for Women to Share Giving with their Family? The Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy study “Women Give 2018” confirmed that parental giving matters. During this season of giving, we thank Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis members Barb and Laura for sharing with FOX59 News how shared experiences can be powerful for reinforcing philanthropic values for daughters. See their interview by clicking here: https://fox59.com/2018/…/05/link-between-parents-and-giving/
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. WFYI’s No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Change-Maker Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier.
Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on Salvation Army’s Red Shield Radio Terry Mumford, President of Impact 100 of Greater Indianapolis, talks with representatives of the Salvation Army about The Power of Women Giving as One and how we are financially assisting organizations in Indianapolis (Sunday, October 22, 2017). Click here for the full radio show.
2019 Survey Results One of the most prominent findings was that most of our members learned about Impact 100 through other members – friends, families, and associates. This means each member is a crucial part of increasing our membership so we can increase our impact and reach our goal of $240,000 in grants for 2020.
Other survey results should make members comfortable encouraging friends and family to join Impact 100: 95% of our members are satisfied or very satisfied with our giving circle. That’s an amazing vote of confidence!
Nonmembers are invited to come to our events and bring a friend.If you’re wondering what type of woman is a good fit for Impact 100, the survey further shows our most satisfied members value learning about local nonprofits, participating in our grants process, knowing where their money goes, and tracking the impact of our grants. If you fit the “profile” of an Impact 100 member, or if you know someone who does, now is the time to join us.
Help us increase our impact in 2020!
Key Upcoming Dates:
Protecting Vulnerable Youth: Three Non-profits Meeting Critical Needs in our Community: November 19, 5:30-7:30pm. Refreshments will be served. Click here for more information and to RSVP.
A Nifty-Gifty Evening: A Treasure Hunters Auction at Wickliff Auctioneers on Giving Tuesday, December 3, 2019. 5:30-7:30pm. Our annual auction supporting the Impact 100 Scholarship Program, it’s a great time to shop, meet members, and enjoy an evening.Get more information and RSVP here.
Not For Profit Organization Information session, Thursday, December 5, 3:30, Glendale Library: If you are interested in more information on our grants, this is the information session you don’t want to miss. Our Grant Committee Co-Chairs and previous grant winners will be there to explain our processes and answer your questions. Glendale Library Community Meeting room, 6101 North Keystone Avenue, 46202. You must RSVP HERE to attend.
2020 Scholarship Applications due, December 6, 2019, 5pm. Read more about the program here. Click here to download the 2020 Scholarship Application form.
Sharing and Caring, The Impact 100 Holiday Party: Wednesday, December 11, 5:30-7:30pm. Food, drinks, and holiday fun provided! The Hatch, 6161 N. Hillside Ave, Indianapolis IN 46220. Get more information and RSVP here.
2020 Grant Applications due, March 19, 2020, 5pm. Only organizations moving past the LOI stage will be asked to submit a 2020 Grant Application. UNSOLICITED GRANT APPLICATIONS are accepted. Please review our processes here.
2020 Change-Maker Finalists Announced, May 11, 2020
2020 Change-Maker Finalists Reception, May 20, 2020 (Invitation only)
15th Annual Awards Celebration, June 9, 2020, 5pm. It’s never too early to get our annual awards celebration on your calendar! We’ll be back at The Willows on Westfield again this year.
Invitations will be sent out a few weeks prior to each of these events, and each invitation will provide a method to RSVP. To ensure you are on our invitation, list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s not too late to start recurring payments towards a 2020 Membership! Click here to learn more and to sign up for recurring payments. If you have questions about setting up recurring payments, please contact us.
Email us at email@example.com for information on any of our events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
This report provides the information you expect to see in an annual report along with information on our grants since our first one in 2006. It’s the best way to understand who we are and the types of programs we support.
A BIG THANK YOU to our Annual Awards Celebration Sponsors and Underwriters!
2019 Dinner Sponsors
Financial Partners Group: Platinum Sponsor
Bright Ideas in Broad Ripple: Silver Sponsor
The Emily Foundation: Silver Sponsor
REI Real Estate Services, LLC: Silver Sponsor
BAF Corporation: Bronze Sponsor
Eskenazi Health Foundation: Bronze Sponsor
MCH Commercial: Bronze Sponsor
Street Outreach Animal Response: Bronze Sponsor
2019 Dinner Patrons
Nicky Blaine’s Cocktail Lounge
Schwab Charitable is the sponsor for our annual Membership Kick-off. We appreciate their contribution to our scholarship program, as well as their support for our kick-off.
Watermark CPA is a sponsor for our follow-the-impact events. We thank them for their contribution to our scholarship program and our outreach efforts.
Management of Thurston Springer Financial for their long-term and continuous donation of financial advice and services.
Also, thanks to Thurston Springer Financial for providing the Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Board of Directors a place to meet.
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
Click HERE to get on our Newsletter list
Click to HERE to get on our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI).