Make Your Giving Tuesday Plans NOW!
In honor of Giving Tuesday, Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is hosting our Second Annual Giving Treasure Hunters Auction on Tuesday November 27. We invite members, potential members and guests to learn more about how we make grants for transformational projects in the Greater Indianapolis community. Click here for details and to RSVP.
Learn more about Giving Tuesday and monitor our progress by going to our Giving Tuesday page.
November is Philanthropy Month!
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is pleased to release our newest Giving Report, tracing our history of grant making from 2006 through today. It’s wonderful to be part of the Indiana philanthropic community in celebrating November as National Philanthropy Month, an opportunity to recognize the contributions that the philanthropic community has made, through dollars given and invested, volunteer hours offered freely, and expertise donated to compassionate causes.
2019 Scholarship Program Announced, Applications Available
We are accepting applications for 2019 Scholarship Memberships now through December 7, 2018. This opportunity is open to Central Indiana women who are early in their not-for-profit careers. Scholarship Members enjoy the benefits of full membership while enriching our grants process with fresh perspectives and not-for-profit expertise. For complete eligibility criteria, requirements and submission instructions, see the application form.
Non-Profit Information Session Date Announced!
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis offers a competitive grant for $100,000 to Indy area non-profit organizations. Impact 100 is a women’s giving circle dedicated to supporting community work in five areas: Arts, Culture & Preservation; Education; Environment & Animal Welfare; Family; and Health & Wellness. Visit Process and Eligibility pages. for details. Please carefully review the
Organizations interested in submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) to begin the process of applying for a 2019 Change-Maker Grant of $100,000 should plan to attend our Info Session for Non-Profits at 2:30pm on December 3 at the Glendale Library. Please register in advance here.
As an entirely volunteer lead organization, we do not have staff available to respond to email questions. This info session is your opportunity to learn about our processes, focusing on the application process, and to ask all the questions you have.
Members: Sign Up to Serve on a Focus Area Committee Before January 4, 2019
One of the most rewarding aspects of being an Impact 100 member is participating on a committee responsible for choosing a finalist in one of our five Focus Areas. If you’d like to be on a committee, it’s important to sign up and submit your preferences now, so that committees can be finalized before their first meetings in January.
Please complete the form by January 4, 2019. On this form, you’ll be asked to rank your preference and indicate if there are any committees you cannot sit on due to schedule or conflict of interest. You can review the dates, location and times of the five focus area committees to help you fill out the form here (this information is also on the form).
Update on the 2018 Impact 100 Change Makers and Change-Maker Finalists
See our October Blog posting for an update on the two 2018 Change-Makers and three Change-Maker Finalists. Here’s a quick summary:
- Brookside Community Development Corporation has begun implementation of its Education and Employment Academy with afterschool programming for middle and high school students focusing on character building, leadership development, mentoring, academic support, and post-secondary planning. Check out these TV segments on their recent ribbon cutting:
- Trinity Haven will provide safe transitional housing for homeless LGBTQ youth ages 15-21 in partnership with Indiana Youth Group (IYG). It will be a model that can be replicated, offering acceptance, support, and evidence-based programming to help its residents develop skills needed to thrive in the world.
- Earth Charter Indiana continues to educate kids in the ways that they can engage in improving the environment, particularly in relation to climate change. Its program educates young people through a combination of STEM education and civil leadership training.
- Kennedy King Memorial Initiative is continuing its efforts to ensure today’s youth are aware of the history of the civil rights movement, particularly the important events of April 4, 1968, and providing education on the values of equity, justice, and non-violence.
- NeuroHope continues providing long-term rehabilitation for individuals recovering from neurologic injury in Indiana. They were recently featured in an Indy Star article regarding the help it was providing to a high school student who had suffered a traumatic brain injury as the result of a car accident.
This year marks the 13th anniversary of Impact 100 in Indianapolis. The winners were announced following finalist presentations and a vote by Impact 100 members at the Annual Awards Celebration on June 12. To date, the organization has awarded over $2.1 million to more than 50 local nonprofits. You can learn more about previous winners in our Giving Report.
Give While You Shop!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis. Use this link to get started: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/06-1774175.
Impact 100 Council Information on Global Impact 100 Giving
The Impact 100 Council has announced the 2017 statistics on Impact 100 giving:
- Since 2002, Impact 100 chapters have awarded more than $55 Million in grant money directly to nonprofits.
- 2017 marks the first time Impact 100 chapters have given away over $10,000,000 in one year.
- Impact 100 is known for the size of our grants. The median grant awarded across all chapters is $142,000
- More than 17,000 women have been impacted through membership in on of 52 Impact 100 chapters.
- Since 2007, the number of Impact 100 chapters has more than quintupled.
Read the Council’s February 2018 newsletter with more information.
Check out our new blog postings:
- We the Women 2018 – Changing the Face of Philanthropy
- Follow the Impact: Jameson Camp
- Impact 100 Young Philanthropist Scholarship Program
- Update on 2018 Change-Makers and Change-Maker Finalists
- The Impact of Impact 100 – VOA Fresh Start Recovery Center
- Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on WCGN Panel Discussing Grants Creating Ripples
- Why Our Annual Giving Report is Important
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page,
- Want to catch up on our latest information? Check out our blog,
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. If you are a central Indiana nonprofit and are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle.
- Want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report providing information on our grants since our first one in 2006.
- Want to support our cause without a membership? Make a donation to help pay our operating costs (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all operating costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. WFYI’s No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Change-Maker Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier.
Impact 100 Past President Beth Thomas and Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh on Fox 59. Beth and Sara discussed Giving Circles.. click here to see the full interview.
Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on Salvation Army’s Red Shield Radio Terry Mumford, President of Impact 100 of Greater Indianapolis, talks with representatives of the Salvation Army about The Power of Women Giving as One and how we are financially assisting organizations in Indianapolis (Sunday, October 22, 2017). Click here for the full radio show.
2017 Survey Results Our membership survey results are in. One of the most prominent findings was that most of our members learned about Impact 100 through other members – friends, families, and associates. This means each member is a crucial part of increasing our membership so we can increase our impact and reach our goal of $240,000 in grants for 2018.
Other survey results should make members comfortable encouraging friends and family to join Impact 100: 95% of our members are satisfied or very satisfied with our giving circle. That’s an amazing vote of confidence!
Nonmembers are invited to come to our events and bring a friend.If you’re wondering what type of woman is a good fit for Impact 100, the survey further shows our most satisfied members value learning about local nonprofits, participating in our grants process, knowing where their money goes, and tracking the impact of our grants. If you fit the “profile” of an Impact 100 member, or if you know someone who does, now is the time to join us.
Help us increase our impact in 2019!
Key Upcoming Dates:
Invitations will be sent out a few weeks prior to each of these events, and each invitation will provide a method to RSVP. To ensure you are on our invitation, list, send an email to email@example.com.
November 8, 7-9pm: INspired to Give – an interactive discussion about how women from different faith traditions live their faith through giving and volunteering. Brought to you by The Women’s Philanthropy Institute. For more information, or to register, click here.
November 15, ALL DAY!! National Philanthropy Day!
November 15, 12-2pm: AFP Indiana Philanthropy Awards (Impact 100 will be honored with the 2018 Outstanding Philanthropy Group). Indiana Roof Ballroom. Click here to register
Tuesday, November 27, 5:30-7:30pm: The Second Annual Treasure Hunters Auction at Wickliff Auctioneers, 12232 Hancock Street in Carmel. Be the winning bidder on Food, Feasts, and Fun Stuff and support our Scholarship and Community Outreach Programs. Click here to RSVP.
Monday, December 3, 2:30pm: Info Session for Non-Profits at the Glendale Library. You must register in advance for this free event here.
Wednesday, December 12, 5:30-7:30pm: Our Annual Holiday Party at The Hatch, 6161 N Hillside Avenue in Indianapolis. Click here to RSVP.
January 4: Deadline for 2019 members to complete the FAC Sign Up Form: click here to sign-up
January 10, 5pm: 2019 LOIs due! We recommend you attend the Dec 3 Non-Profit Information Session (see above). Click here to download the 2019 LOI form.
March 21, 5pm: Grant Applications due! NOTE: Grant Applications only accepted from those who have submitted an LOI and are asked to submit one, and those organizations will receive a link to the Grant Application form in the email announcing their LOI has been accepted. Unsolicited applications are destroyed without reading.
Mark Your Calendar NOW! June 18, 2019 is the 14th Annual Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Dinner and Awards Celebration, where we the 2019 Members will vote to select the 2019 Change Makers. The winners of our Change Maker grants will be announced after the votes are counted.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on any of our events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
This report provides the information you expect to see in an annual report along with information on our grants since our first one in 2006. It’s the best way to understand who we are and the types of programs we support.
A BIG THANK YOU to our Annual Awards Celebration Sponsors and Underwriters!
2018 Dinner Sponsors
Financial Partners Group: Platinum Sponsor
PNC Bank: Gold Sponsor
The Emily Foundation: Silver Sponsor
REI Real Estate Services, LLC: Silver Sponsor
2018 Dinner Underwriters
Bright Ideas in Broad Ripple
Eskenazi Health Foundation
Ice Miller, LLP
The Paul and Alba Orzeske Charitable Fund
The Watermark Group provides Impact 100 with accounting and tax preparation support.
Lamar Advertising donated two digital billboards to help Impact 100 celebrate our 2018 Change Makers! Thanks, Lamar!
Big Thanks to JKS Investment Management of Thurston Springer Financial for their long-term and continuous donation of financial advice and services.
Also, thanks to Thurston Springer Financial for providing the Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Board of Directors a place to meet.
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
Click HERE to get on our Newsletter list
Click to HERE to get on our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI).