We asked and you gave!
We received over $5000 for our Scholarship Program, receiving more than enough with the $5000 match to fund TEN SCHOLARSHIPS in 2017!!!
Thanks to wonderful members and donors, ten young women in the Indianapolis area will learn about philanthropy and participate in our grant process through our scholarship program.
Impact 100’s scholarship program covers the cost of membership for young women up to age 36 who are interested in a career or volunteering in philanthropy. Young women are able to participate in a process that otherwise may not have been accessible to them, and Impact 100 benefits from the diverse views these women bring to our circle.
We started the Scholarship Program in 2015 as part of our Tenth Anniversary Celebration with ten scholarships funded by our members. In 2016, members asked to keep the Scholarship Program going and again funded ten young women’s membership. Using the money raised through our #GivingTuesday promotion and generous donors, we will be able to offer the same opportunity to another group of young women in 2017.
If you missed your chance to donate on #GivingTuesday, you can still donate to the Scholarship Fund or to our Friends Account (used to pay our administrative costs since 100% of membership and scholarship donations are returned to the Indianapolis community in the form of grants each year). Click here for more information.
For more information read our Scholarship blog postings:
- Scholarship Recipients Add Fresh Voices to Impact 100
- We Are Now Accepting Applications to Our Scholarship Program
- Click here to give to #GivingTuesday and the Young Philanthropists Scholarship Program.
Here are a few of the notes from the wonderful women who have Given the Gift of Scholarship!
- Thank you for featuring scholarship recipients in this year’s Giving Tuesday campaign! Nicole Freije (2016 Scholarship recipient)
- I’ve been watching the thermometer go up. Maybe this will help it move faster! Anonymous
- Love that we are building our diversity by helping young philanthropists. It is a win-win for Impact in Indy. Anonymous
- I’m giving to Young Philanthropists Scholarships because these young women are our future. Anonymous
- I love this program! JoAnn Hoskins
- Best wishes to the lucky scholarship recipients! Linda Rolfson
- I love working with the Scholarship members! Terry Mumford
- Doing what I can to help us earn that match! Beth Thomas