- Impact 100 Online Membership Form (credit card only).
- Impact 100 Print Membership Form (multiple Payment Options (explained below) and pledges)
- Setting Up Recurring Membership Payments (credit card only)
What is Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
Impact 100 has been an important part of the Indianapolis community since 2006, along with our annual goal of delivering more than $100,000 to nonprofits in the Greater Indianapolis community. Through our grants we have proven that collective giving works, and that a group of inspired women can accomplish much more than any one of us can alone.
What is the membership fee?
The annual membership fee is $1000. Up to four women can join together in a Shared Membership to pay the $1000 membership fee. Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) charitable organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
We believe this amount ensures member commitment. It also keeps the cost of raising money for our grants low. To raise $100,000 through smaller donations would mean recruiting many more members at a greater cost. These higher costs would mean less money for the people who need it most – the grant recipients and the people they serve.
How can I become a member of Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You may join anytime by completing our membership form and sending us your payment. Choose an option:
- Complete the process online and pay with a credit card
- Impact 100 Print Membership Form and use one of our other payment methods methods (below)
- Setting Up Recurring Membership Payments (credit card only)
How can I pay my membership?
You can pay your membership donation using any of the following methods:
- CHECK: made payable to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
- CREDIT CARD: you can pay online now or you can print your card numbers on our membership form (US Mail only, please) or ask us to contact you to receive them over the phone. If you use a credit card, please consider donating an additional 5% to cover the transaction costs.
- RECURRING PAYMENTS: you can set up a Kindful account (Kindful is our database system) and set up regular credit card payments. You have control over how much is deducted, how often, and can change or cancel the payments at any time.
- GIFTED SECURITIES: Follow the instructions on the membership/donation form and go to Donate Stock for the complete process.
- EMPLOYER MATCH: Please verify your employer will match your donation to Impact 100, and note how much you will pay and how much they will match to equal your membership donation on the Membership Form. You can pay your part of the membership donation using any of the other methods.
- UNITED WAY: You can designate the amount you wish to donate to Impact 100 through your annual United Way donation. Please be aware that United Way keeps up to 25% of your designation to cover their costs, and any employer United Way match will go to your local United Way agencies and not to Impact 100. Please consider designating or donating an additional 20-25% to cover the United Way fees.
- OTHER: If you have questions about other methods of making a membership donation, feel free to send us a message at email@example.com.
Membership donations received by December 31 of any year provides membership through December 31 of the following year and goes into that year’s grant pool. So, a membership donation made in 2018 goes into the 2019 Grant Pool.
Why do you suggest members donate additional amounts to cover the cost of credit cards and United Way fees?
Every membership in Impact 100 indicates $1,000 in our grant pool. Our administrative costs to manage a member each year is $100. This includes standard administrative tasks, database and member management software costs, board insurance, website costs, printing, Follow The Impact and other events, etc. And, when someone donates $1,000 through a method that takes out processing or administrative fees, those costs also come out of our administrative account to ensure there is $1,000 in the grant pool for that member. Software, credit card fees, etc. are costs of doing business in today’s world, but it is helpful when members and other interested members of our community help by donating extra funds..
What is the timing for becoming a member?
Members join throughout each calendar year, but no later than December 31. Those who have paid membership fees by December 31 are members for the following year. The number of women who have donated $1000 by December 31 determines the grant amounts that will be awarded the following June.
How involved do I have to be as a member?
Only two things are required to be a member: You must be a woman age 21 or older, and you must make a donation to our grant pool. You are then encouraged to make an informed decision when you vote for a grant recipient, either in person at the Annual Meeting or by absentee ballot. If you would like to be more involved, you may serve on a Focus Area Committee to review and evaluate grant proposals. You may want to attend site visits to some of the nonprofit applicants for the grant. You might decide to join a committee to help plan the Annual Meeting, or brainstorm ideas for telling more women about Impact 100, or think of educational topics to present to our members. The choice is yours as to how involved you become.
How much of my contribution will go toward the grants versus administrative expenses?
A full 100% of Impact 100 membership contributions – each and every dollar – is awarded in grants to nonprofit organizations.
Is my donation to Impact 100 tax-deductible?
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) charitable organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law. Administrative donations are also 100% deductible.
How long is my membership in Impact 100?
Each membership is for the current year’s grant cycle. Women who donate by December 31 of any year are members for the following year. Each year, we welcome a combination of new and returning members. Over 20 women have been members every year since our founding in 2006.
Do I have to live in the Greater Indianapolis area to be a member?
No. Members can live anywhere.
What is a Shared Membership (also known as a Syndicate)?
While the greatest impact comes from each woman donating $1000, Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis offers Shared Membership (Syndicate) memberships. A Shared Membership allows 2-4 women to pool their money and share a membership. Each Shared Member has full membership rights (serving on committees, attending events, etc.) with the exception that each Shared Membership may cast only one vote at the Annual Dinner, with the members of that Shared Membership agreeing on how that vote is to be cast.
Before considering a Shared Membership, we would encourage you to review your annual donations and weigh the difference between the multiple organizations you support against making the commitment to help Impact 100 fund a transformational grant, and the opportunity to see your donation have an impact on our community.
Shared Memberships can be made up of family members (sisters, mother/daughter, aunt/niece, etc.), friends, co-workers, or any group of 2-4 women who want to join without the full commitment. We may even be able to help you find other women to create a Shared Membership.
You can learn more about Shared Memberships in our Shared Memberships FAQ.
What else should I know?
One hundred percent of member donations are returned to the community in the form of grants at our Annual Membership Dinner in June. All information entered on the membership form is kept secure, and we do not share or sell member information for any purpose. Membership donations must be made before December 31st of one calendar year to be part of the grant pool given away the following calendar year.
What if I have more questions?
You can go to our complete FAQ page to see if your questions are there. You may also be interested in reviewing our New Member Orientation document. But you should also feel free to send us any questions you may have about Impact 100 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) charitable organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.