2017 Membership Numbers Announced!
The women of Impact 100 are proud to announce the 2017 Grant Pool is $160,000. As of June 2017, when the grant winners will be selected by our voting members, we will have given away a total of $1,913,000 since our founders started this giving circle in 2006. This is not a small amount, and every one of our members and those who have contributed to and supported our organization have helped make it happen.
Here are the numbers for 2017:
- Total Funds to be awarded: $160,000
- Major grant award amount: $100,000 to be awarded to the finalist receiving the most votes at the annual dinner on June 13th, 2017
- Residual grant amount: $60,000 in unrestricted grants to be shared equally among the other 2017 finalists
- Number of members (this includes women in shared memberships): 221 (highest EVER!)
- Number of shared memberships: 30 (highest EVER!)
- Number of scholarship members: 11 (highest EVER!)
- Number of returning members: 139 (highest EVER!)
- Number of new members: 67 (highest since our first few years)
Welcome to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page.
- If you are interested in participating in membership activities in 2017, send us at note at email@example.com so we can contact you.
- Are you a new member checking out our website? While here, please review the New Member Orientation. If you are a new Shared Member, you should also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Are you a nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. Unfortunately, our 2017 grant process is closed to new applications, but it’s never too early to start on your 2018 “big idea.”
- Want to learn about the grants we’ve given and the organizations we have funded? Go to our Follow the Impact Page or get even more detail in a printable form by opening our Giving Report.
- Impact 100 has been featured by local media! Go to Our News and Notes page for a full run-down of our media coverage.
- Want to learn a little about Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
How to Get Involved
- Join us by making a yearly membership contribution
- Make a donation to our Administrative funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- Attend programs and events (see Key Upcoming Dates on this page)
- Read our blog
- Sign up for our newsletter (click here to see past issues)
Huffington Post Article on Women’s Philanthropy
The week of March 12-17 was a big one for women’s philanthropy, with two conferences bringing women together to discuss the trends and share ideas for growth and retention. Click here to read the Huffington Post article with more information.
Learn More About Our 2016 $100,000 Grant Recipient, The IMPACT Program to Curb Runaway and Human Trafficking of Young Girls
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis awarded a $100,000 grant to the IMPACT Program to Curb Runaway and Human Trafficking of Young Girls, a collaboration between Ascent 121 and Lutheran Child & Family Services, at their annual dinner. The grant winner was announced following a live vote by Impact 100 members.
The IMPACT Program serves teen survivors of human trafficking. Ascent 121 and Lutheran Child & Family Services will increase capacity to help more survivors by hiring additional therapists and will provide expert training for their clinical staff. Additionally, they will make improvements to their residential unit with fresh paint, colorful carpeting and some additional furniture in order to make their surroundings more conducive to recovery. Lastly, the program will seek to engage the community by hosting a Human Trafficking Awareness Summit, bringing together thought leaders and experts to offer keynote addresses and workshops to better understand the issue.
IndyFringe (Arts and Culture focus area), Art With a Heart (Education focus area), and Dove Recovery House (Health and Wellness focus area) each received residual grants in the amount of $18,333.
Key Upcoming Dates:
Tuesday, June 13, 5:30-9:00pm: Impact Annual Meeting and Dinner
Only the most important event for Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis, the membership will gather on June 13 to hear the five Focus Area finalists present their proposal for the 2017 $100,000 grant. After their presentations, the members will vote. While the members have dinner, those votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced after dessert. Members, potential members, and guests (including spouses who want to learn more about Impact 100) are invited. This is one of the few events requiring a ticket and RSVPs are required. Tickets are $50 per person. A link for more details and to purchase tickets will be available soon.
There will be a cash bar, a wine pull, and a raffle with lots of fun and exciting prizes.
We appreciate the support we receive from the business community. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on sponsorship levels or if you would like to purchase a table at the dinner.
Tuesday, September 19, 5:30-7:30pm: Impact Membership Kick-Off
Get this on your calendar now! Our annual official Membership Kick-Off event will be held at the Glendale Library on September 19. The 2017 grantees (announced at the June 13 Annual Dinner) will be on hand to talk about their programs and there will be some fun activities. Members, potential members, and guests (including spouses who want to learn more about Impact 100) are invited.
More Upcoming Events
Check back to this website for information on upcoming events as they are announced. Please note we have few events January through June as our members are hard at work reviewing nonprofit proposals for our annual grants. Finalists will be announced in May.
Email us at email@example.com for more information on any of these events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
Impact 100 thanks W3 for their continued support of our Annual Dinner, June 13, 2017
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is a Proud Member of:
WCGN (Women’s Collective Giving Grantmakers Network)–click here to see a list of other WCGN members
Global Impact 100–click here to see a list of other Impact 100 organizations
Get On Our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)