It’s Official!!! We Will Gift TWO $100,000 Grants in June 2018!
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis will grant its largest-ever amount of $212,000 at the Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis annual awards celebration on June 12, 2018. That night we will gift two $100,000 high-impact grants to Indianapolis area nonprofits. The increase in the grant pool is due in part to a surge in membership with 272 women, including 91 new members, donating funds to this year’s grant cycle. Following the annual celebration, the volunteer organization will have surpassed $2.1 million in transformational grants awarded to central Indiana nonprofit organizations over the past 13 years.
Want to know more? Read the press release: Impact 100 2018 Grant Pool Press Release
Check out our new blog posting: Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on WCGN Panel Discussing Grants Creating Ripples
Miss the September 19 Panel Discussion on the Opioid Crisis?
WFYI and SideEffects taped the panel discussion and you can see it here!
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page,
- Want to catch up on our latest information? Check out our blog,
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us a note at email@example.com.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. If you are a central Indiana nonprofit and are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle.
- Want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report.
- Want to support our cause without a membership? Make a donation to our Administrative funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
Updates on 2017 Winners:
Volunteers of America of Indiana is using the $100,000 grant to expand VOA’s Fresh Start Recovery Center, a unique residential addiction treatment center focusing on helping mothers involved with the Department of Child Services recover from addiction and have healthy children. They have received news from a major funding source that our grant, along with others, is being matched TWO TO ONE!!! This makes our $100,000 worth $300,000 tpwards VOA’s work fighting the opioid crisis. The VOA program is unique because it provides residential beds for children under 5, thus allowing mothers and children to remain together while mother receives residential treatment. Click here to learn more and here to see the Volunteers of America September update.
The other four finalists, who each received residual grants of $15,000, have also updated us on their activities since June:
- Big Car Collaborative (Arts & Culture FAC) got a match for $10,000 of Impact 100 $15,000 residual grant to bring a city block back from half vacant to vibrant through creative community development. See the Big Car September update here.
- DirectEmployers Institute (Education FAC) is moving forward with their plans to include hands-on labs in two Indianapolis high shools, allowing students to learn more than theory about health care and manufacturing careers.
- Marian University (Environment FAC) has applied for further funds to see their dream of additional funding for their environmental education lab for younger students. See the Marian University September update here.
- Children’s Bureau (Health & Wellness FAC) participated in the panel discussion at the September 17 membership kick-off at the Glendale Library (see our blog on the evening here). See the Children’s Bureau September update here.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier on WFYI’s No Limits
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100.
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. WFYI’s No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier.
See our Impact 100 2018 Grant Pool Press Release to learn more about the grants we will give in 2018.
Impact 100 Past President Beth Thomas and Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh on Fox 59. Beth and Sara discussed Giving Circles.. click here to see the full interview.
Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on Salvation Army’s Red Shield Radio Terry Mumford, President of Impact 100 of Greater Indianapolis, talks with representatives of the Salvation Army about The Power of Women Giving as One and how we are financially assisting organizations in Indianapolis (Sunday, October 22, 2017). Click here for the full radio show.
2017 Survey Results Our membership survey results are in. One of the most prominent findings was that most of our members learned about Impact 100 through other members – friends, families, and associates. This means each member is a crucial part of increasing our membership so we can increase our impact and reach our goal of $240,000 in grants for 2018.
Other survey results should make members comfortable encouraging friends and family to join Impact 100: 95% of our members are satisfied or very satisfied with our giving circle. That’s an amazing vote of confidence!
Nonmembers are invited to come to our events and bring a friend.If you’re wondering what type of woman is a good fit for Impact 100, the survey further shows our most satisfied members value learning about local nonprofits, participating in our grants process, knowing where their money goes, and tracking the impact of our grants. If you fit the “profile” of an Impact 100 member, or if you know someone who does, now is the time to join us.
Help us double our impact in 2018!
Key Upcoming Dates:
FAC Committee Meetings: Start in January and go through May. Click here to see the schedules.
March 8: Full grant applications from advancing LOIs due at 5pm (unsolicited grant applications not accepted)
Click here to learn more about our Grant application process.
May 8: Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis 2018 Grant Finalists announced
June 12, 2018, The Ritz Charles in Carmel
This is it, the culmination of all Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does: Our Annual Awards Celebration with Presentations by the 2018 Grant Finalists, followed by the Membership Vote and the announcement of the 2018 Grant Winners. Go to our Annual Celebration page for more information. Those interested in sponsorships and/or donating to our raffle should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check back to this website for information on upcoming events as they are announced. Please note we have few events January through June as our members are hard at work reviewing nonprofit proposals for our annual grants. Finalists will be announced in May.
Email us at email@example.com for more information on any of these events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
Get On Our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI). You will also have the option to be added to our monthly newsletter list. Not a nonprofit but want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
Impact 100 thanks Financial Partners Group for their continued support of our Annual Awards Celebration
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.
Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis is a Proud Member of:
- Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on WCGN Panel Discussing Grants Creating Ripples
- Act NOW for 2018 planning! Talk to your tax planner to address tax law changes now!
- Sign Up For a Focus Committee Before January 5, 2018!
- Now Accepting Scholarship Applications for 2018 Impact 100 Young Philanthropists Membership!
- Impact 100's 2018 Grant Process Opened!