Announcing the 2018 Impact 100 Change Makers:
Brookside Community Development Corporation
Trinity Episcopal Church
Brookside Community Development Corporation will use its funding to expand its after school program offerings, creating the Brookside Community Play Education and Employment Academy. The academy will serve 30 at-risk middle and high school students from the Near Eastside of Indianapolis, instilling hope through education and employability. The program will help students discover passion areas, improve socio-emotional development, build character and leadership skills, provide adult mentor relationships, boost academic performance, and equip students with employment opportunities.
Trinity Episcopal Church will use their grant to launch Trinity Haven, a welcoming transitional home for LGBTQ youth. Currently, there is not a single residential program specifically for LGBTQ youth in the entire state of Indiana. Trinity Haven will use the Impact 100 funds in partnership with Indiana Youth Group (IYG) to offer acceptance, support, and evidence-based programming that help its residents develop skills needed to thrive in the world.
This year marks the 13th anniversary of Impact 100 in Indianapolis. The winners were announced following finalist presentations and a vote by Impact 100 members at the Annual Awards Celebration on June 12. To date, the organization has awarded over $2.1 million to more than 50 local nonprofits. You can learn more about previous winners in our Giving Report.
Give While You Shop!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis. Use this link to get started: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/06-1774175.
Impact 100 Council Information on Global Impact 100 Giving
The Impact 100 Council has announced the 2017 statistics on Impact 100 giving:
- Since 2002, Impact 100 chapters have awarded more than $55 Million in grant money directly to nonprofits.
- 2017 marks the first time Impact 100 chapters have given away over $10,000,000 in one year.
- Impact 100 is known for the size of our grants. The median grant awarded across all chapters is $142,000
- More than 17,000 women have been impacted through membership in on of 52 Impact 100 chapters.
- Since 2007, the number of Impact 100 chapters has more than quintupled.
Read the Council’s February 2018 newsletter with more information.
Check out our new blog postings:
- Meet the 2018 Scholarship Members
- Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on WCGN Panel Discussing Grants Creating Ripples
- Why Our Annual Giving Report is Important
Miss the September 19, 2017 Panel Discussion on the Opioid Crisis?
WFYI and SideEffects taped the panel discussion and you can see it here!
Want to Know More About Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis?
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page,
- Want to catch up on our latest information? Check out our blog,
- Interested in participating in membership activities? Send us a note at email@example.com.
- New member? Review the New Member Orientation. A new Shared Member? Also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. If you are a central Indiana nonprofit and are not receiving emails from us, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form so you are always on top of our grant cycle.
- Want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
- Want to learn about our giving history? Scan our Follow the Impact Page or review our Giving Report providing information on our grants since our first one in 2006.
- Want to support our cause without a membership? Make a donation to our Administrative funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- What does the world think about us? Check our News and Notes page.
- Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
Updates on 2017 Winners:
Volunteers of America of Indiana is using the $100,000 grant to expand VOA’s Fresh Start Recovery Center, a unique residential addiction treatment center focusing on helping mothers involved with the Department of Child Services recover from addiction and have healthy children. They have received news from a major funding source that our grant, along with others, is being matched TWO TO ONE!!! This makes our $100,000 worth $300,000 tpwards VOA’s work fighting the opioid crisis. The VOA program is unique because it provides residential beds for children under 5, thus allowing mothers and children to remain together while mother receives residential treatment. Click here to learn more and here to see the Volunteers of America September update.
The other four finalists, who each received residual grants of $15,000, have also updated us on their activities since June:
- Big Car Collaborative (Arts & Culture FAC) got a match for $10,000 of Impact 100 $15,000 residual grant to bring a city block back from half vacant to vibrant through creative community development. See the Big Car September update here.
- DirectEmployers Institute (Education FAC) is moving forward with their plans to include hands-on labs in two Indianapolis high shools, allowing students to learn more than theory about health care and manufacturing careers.
- Marian University (Environment FAC) has applied for further funds to see their dream of additional funding for their environmental education lab for younger students. See the Marian University September update here.
- Children’s Bureau (Health & Wellness FAC) participated in the panel discussion at the September 17 membership kick-off at the Glendale Library (see our blog on the evening here). See the Children’s Bureau September update here.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
What is a Giving Circle and how does it work to provide support for philanthropies? As age and culture demographics shift in the United States, studies show that the way Americans approach charitable giving is changing, too. WFYI’s No Limits looks at the growing trend of Giving Circles with Impact 100 Vice President Karen Holly, New Member and 2017 Grant Winner Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh, and Founding Member Jenna Spurrier.
See our Impact 100 2018 Grant Pool Press Release to learn more about the grants we will give in 2018.
Impact 100 Past President Beth Thomas and Volunteers of America representative Sara Pugh on Fox 59. Beth and Sara discussed Giving Circles.. click here to see the full interview.
Impact 100 President Terry Mumford on Salvation Army’s Red Shield Radio Terry Mumford, President of Impact 100 of Greater Indianapolis, talks with representatives of the Salvation Army about The Power of Women Giving as One and how we are financially assisting organizations in Indianapolis (Sunday, October 22, 2017). Click here for the full radio show.
2017 Survey Results Our membership survey results are in. One of the most prominent findings was that most of our members learned about Impact 100 through other members – friends, families, and associates. This means each member is a crucial part of increasing our membership so we can increase our impact and reach our goal of $240,000 in grants for 2018.
Other survey results should make members comfortable encouraging friends and family to join Impact 100: 95% of our members are satisfied or very satisfied with our giving circle. That’s an amazing vote of confidence!
Nonmembers are invited to come to our events and bring a friend.If you’re wondering what type of woman is a good fit for Impact 100, the survey further shows our most satisfied members value learning about local nonprofits, participating in our grants process, knowing where their money goes, and tracking the impact of our grants. If you fit the “profile” of an Impact 100 member, or if you know someone who does, now is the time to join us.
Help us double our impact in 2018!
Key Upcoming Dates:
Check back to this website for information on our fall membership events as they are announced.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on any of our events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
This report provides the information you expect to see in an annual report along with information on our grants since our first one in 2006. It’s the best way to understand who we are and the types of programs we support.
Click HERE to get on our Newsletter list
Click to HERE to get on our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI).
Impact 100 thanks Financial Partners Group for their continued support of our Annual Awards Celebration
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.