Congratulations to this year’s $100,000 Grant Winner: Volunteers of America!
At the Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis Annual Awards Celebration June 13, five finalists faced off for this year’s $160,000 in grants. They each had seven minutes to present their case to the members, who then voted to determine which one would walk away with the big $100,000 grant.
Volunteers of America of Indiana won! The $100,000 will be used to expand VOA’s Fresh Start Recovery Center, a unique residential addiction treatment center focusing on helping mothers involved with the Department of Child Services recover from addiction and have healthy children. It is unique because it provides residential beds for children under 5, thus allowing mothers and children to remain together while mother receives residential treatment.
The other four finalists shared the remaining $60,000 grant pool. Big Car Collaborative (Arts & Culture FAC), DirectEmployers Institute (Education FAC), Marian University (Environment FAC), and Children’s Bureau (Health & Wellness FAC) each received unrestricted grants of $15,000.
Collectively we DO make a difference.
Welcome to Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis
You can use the menus at the top and bottom of this page to explore this site, or you can use these links to skip to the information you are most interested in:
- Want to learn about who we are and what we do? Go to the About Us page.
- If you are interested in participating in membership activities in 2017, send us at note at email@example.com so we can contact you.
- Are you a new member checking out our website? While here, please review the New Member Orientation. If you are a new Shared Member, you should also review the Shared Member FAQs.
- Are you a nonprofit wanting to know more about our grants? Go to our Grants Process page. Unfortunately, our 2017 grant process is closed to new applications, but it’s never too early to start on your 2018 “big idea.”
- Want to learn about the grants we’ve given and the organizations we have funded? Go to our Follow the Impact Page or get even more detail in a printable form by opening our Giving Report.
- Impact 100 has been featured by local media! Go to Our News and Notes page for a full run-down of our media coverage.
- Want to learn a little about Impact 100 in Australia? Check out this YouTube video from Fremantle Impact 100.
How to Get Involved
- Join us by making a yearly membership contribution
- Make a donation to our Administrative funds (Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis does not have paid staff, and all administrative costs are paid through donations specified for that purpose (note that 100% of the membership contribution goes to our grant pool))
- Attend programs and events (see Key Upcoming Dates on this page)
- Read our blog
- Sign up for our newsletter (click here to see past issues)
2017 Membership Numbers Celebrated
- Total Funds to be awarded: $160,000
- Major grant award amount: $100,000 to be awarded to the finalist receiving the most votes at the annual dinner on June 13th, 2017
- Residual grant amount: $60,000 in unrestricted grants to be shared equally among the other 2017 finalists
- Number of members (this includes women in shared memberships): 221 (highest EVER!)
- Number of shared memberships: 30 (highest EVER!)
- Number of scholarship members: 11 (highest EVER!)
- Number of returning members: 139 (highest EVER!)
- Number of new members: 67 (highest since our first few years)
Key Upcoming Dates:
August 17, 5:30-6:30 p.m.: Follow the Impact, Lutherwood
This will be an opportunity to see how one of the partner’s in the 2016 $100,000 grant winner, LCFS, has used the grant to help victims of sex trafficking. Register at https://aug17followimpactlcfs.eventbrite.com.
Tuesday, September 19, 5:30-7:30pm: Impact Membership Kick-Off
Get this on your calendar now! Our annual official Membership Kick-Off event will be held at the Glendale Library on September 19. The 2017 grantees (announced at the June 13 Annual Dinner) will be on hand to talk about their programs and there will be some fun activities. Members, potential members, and guests (including spouses who want to learn more about Impact 100) are invited.
More Upcoming Events
Check back to this website for information on upcoming events as they are announced. Please note we have few events January through June as our members are hard at work reviewing nonprofit proposals for our annual grants. Finalists will be announced in May.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of these events.
Click here to see our annual Giving Report!
Get On Our Nonprofit Mailing List (Greater Indianapolis Area Nonprofits Only)
If you are a central Indiana nonprofit (located in Marion, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks or Boone counties), and would like to be on our Nonprofit Mailing List, please fill out our Interested Nonprofit Form. This email list will be used to announce our annual Nonprofit Information Session and the annual due date for our Letter of Inquiry (LOI). You will also have the option to be added to our monthly newsletter list. Not a nonprofit but want to be on our newsletter list? Click here.
Impact 100 thanks WestPoint Financial Group for their continued support of our Annual Awards Celebration
Click HERE to see all the donors who have recently supported Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis.